9.16.2010

A wee bit behind: Weeks 36 and 37

Sorry for the lack of activity the last few days...I've had some personal stuff going on and have just been preoccupied.

I do want to get the last two weeks of my 52 week project posted for posterity's sake.

Week 36


I am obviously totally inspired by Kara - this shirt features her lovely *pun intended* handwriting and I had been inspired by another post from her blog a few weeks ago with my fresh out of the shower, no make-up look.

(shirt can be purchased here: the lovely along with some other lovely items.)

Week 37 


I lost my Aunt Kathi (my mom's oldest sister) on Friday night - I was actually with her when she passed away and I will probably blog about it sometime, but for now, I will say she is now cancer free and living the good life...the eternal life...with God in Heaven.  

This week's photo is my tribute to her....she was an artist and has always encouraged my creativeness. For that I am thankful!  The camo headwrap was fabric I had gotten to make her some cancer caps.  She loves to hunt so this was perfect for her.  She loved nature and the outdoors, so this was done outside.  More than anything though, she loved her family and the Lord. 

She will be greatly missed and I feel so blessed that she was such a huge impact in my life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them both, but especially the second one. I'm so sorry for your loss, sweet friend, but your tribute photo is beautiful & I really love the canvas! Are you going to put it up in your home? It's SO pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am sooooooooooooo sorry for your loss Kim!! These photos are gorgeous!!! i loveeeeeeeee that painting! {{{hugs}}} :):):):)

Deana said...

So sorry for your loss, Kim. Sending big hugs & prayers your way.

Beautiful photos...

sandra said...

so very sorry for your loss, kim.

xoxox

Kara said...

:( sorry, dear. death is so hard.

Charlie said...

Kim,

First, I am so sorry for your loss.

Second, I am wondering if you have contact information for The Lovely Us. I want to buy them for my 3 daughters and my nieces for Christmas, but the website will only let me buy one at a time. I am sure there is an easier way!

I think you have my email.

Best,
Charlie

Bekka said...

I love all the thought and meaning that goes into these photos!

I'm very sorry for your loss.