7.04.2010

One Nation Under God


Just want to wish all of you a very Happy Independence Day out there in blogland!


This is one of my favorite holidays, not only because of what it represents...the freedom I enjoy and rights as a citizen of the USA, those men and women who have fought, and continue to do fight for my freedeom, but also because it fall right smack dab in the middle of Summertime!!!



I cannot imagine what our forefathers went through to ensure our independence here in the United States and it makes me sad that we forget (I'm as guilty as the next person).



I commend those who work hard to make sure we don't forget. Regardless of the turmoil our Country is experiencing with the crazy economy, oil spill, natural disasters, fighting, murder, terrorism, and the hardships many many people are having to endure, I fully believe the United States will prevail as a Unified Country...we always do!



I DO however think in order to do so we have to continue to base our way of life on the foundation of God...as in "One Nation Under God!"


As I was driving a couple of days ago, I heard something I've never heard before on K-LOVE.  If you want to feel moved, patriotic, and proud to be an American, take a few minutes and watch this clip of Red Skelton as he explains our Pledge of Allegiance.

 

Happy Birthday America!


For you have been called to live in freedom -- not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love.   Galatians 5:13

 

PS: Thanks to my Uncle Robert for the cast iron Uncle Sam! I collect cast iron and he gave it to me as a thank-you for helping with his campaign. 

(remember the one running for office?)

He won his primary and will be running in November. :)


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY 4th and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your Uncle Sam! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bekka said...

Beautiful post! I love your Uncle Sam!