1.17.2010

odds and ends


First of all I am so excited that I have completed the first prompt in my art journal!


It felt so freeing to write, paint, mask, cover, tape, glue, ink, and gesso at will!


I will post photos soon...just never took a picture while the light was good.
I also worked more on my cover. 


I urge you to join in the fun over at A Year in the Life of an Art Journal
This prompt is WHAT?
What is holding you back?
What is stopping you?
What are you afraid of?
What is keeping you from your potential? WHAT?!?


I love that Rachel showed her pages and even shared some fun techniques to try...which I did!


I have also taken my 3rd week's photo in my 52 project:
52-3

I am actually enjoying the process of doing this so far.
It has kind of made me think about lighting, position, and creativity more than I expected. I hope to push myself artistically with this as the year progresses. Today was such a beautiful springlike day I decided to break out some bright colored jewelry for my selfie. The crocheted cuff was the beginning of a dishcloth that I never finished last year. (I'm on a crochet kick again) I thought it made a cute cuff bracelet with some vintage trim laced through.


I photoshopped the color back in to this after converting to B&W. I actually like how it turned out!


The girls at Crazy Daisy Kit Co. have been busy getting February kits ready.
Check out the sneak:



How Yummy is that pink, green and black????

Kim and Jennifer are running a special right now too.  If you sign up by January 31st, they will throw in a special gift!  Who doesn't love extra schtuff?   Pre-order your now for shipping on February 10th.


Here is the link-up straight to the kit.



Stay tuned for pics from the art journal.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it for realz!!

Deana said...

Awesome, girl.... love that photo! :-)

Lynne said...

That self photo is awesome! Love the color tweaking you did -- very cool. (great picture of you too!)

jodie said...

thanks for your comment over on The Fresh Reflection! Can we use your beautiful photo one day? :) I LOVE it!