6.02.2009

Prayer Journal

remember the Crazy Daisy felt book that I was so crazy about over the weekend?
I finished mine last night and turned it into a Prayer Journal.
I've been thinking about making a prayer journal mini book or altered book for some time and when I got this in the mail with my June kit, well, let's just say I knew what to do! ;)


I didn't take pictures of every page, but each page has a scripture about prayer as a reminder. I left it pretty open to make notes of prayer lists and praises.

Everything I used is from the June kit, except for a few pieces of patterned paper pieces that I had laying around my scrap table. I went a little sewing machine crazy on the covers, but that felt just went through like buttah!

BTW, those crazy ladies over at Crazy Daisy are having one of those "but wait, there's more..." things. If you sign up for a 3 month subscription by June 10th they are going to throw in a free bag. Very cool deal indeed! Here is the post.

There also another familiar face on their blog if you scroll down a little bit. ;)

On another note, my sassy, scrappy friend, Sasha and her family needs a little prayer. Her sweet little baby boy Elijah had to be rushed to the ER and was in ICU for awhile. He is improving, which is fantastic, but send up a little something when you say your prayers tonight/today.

Thanks, I know she appreciates it. You can read more about it on her blog- but I'm giving you a tear warning right now!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this Kim! AWESOME!

JJ Sobey said...

Fab job! I love it! That felt is crying out to me for the sewing machine as well. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

ThisKalilLife said...

I so love what you did with the mini-book. You are so amazing and creative! Strong work.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ABSOLUTELY loveeeeeeeeeeee this....I think I actually *sighed* out loud when I saw it on SIS...and U know Sasha and family are in my prayers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just checked out the CDK site. I am so proud of you! You look all professional and everything. I hadn't looked at it yet because I usually can't access things like that from work, but to my surprise it came right up. Guess I get to enjoy it until those IT dudes figure it out!
Love ya,
Amy

Deana said...

Yes, the tear alert is so true...

♥ that prayer journal... the cover is so cute with all your stitching. ♥ all the pp & the painted edges! :-)

Lynne said...

Wow you're talented -- and creative ofcourse! I'm always impressed with all the things you make.