6.19.2009

O yeah Baby!

Guess what hit my mailbox this morning?
The awesome July kit for Crazy Daisy!
Let me just tell you now that this thing is awesome!
I'm loving the patriotic feel and all the little extras!

The exciting news about July with Crazy Daisy is the guest designer for the month.
None other than the ever inspiring Donna Downey!
How flippin' cool is that???
And seriously, I cannot wait to see what she does with the awesomeness in this kit!

here are some more sneaks:

see what I mean? Awesome!

Here is another LO from June's kit:
I'm loving how this turned out!
The inspiration was that crazy flower piece under the picture. I had used the Basic Grey chipboard piece on an earlier LO so I just used the reverse part left in the sheet as a sort of stencil and placed it on a scrap piece of black cardstock laying on my table and gesso'd inside as a stencil.

The gesso seeped through in places, but I decided to just play around with it and broke out my watercolor pencils (LOVE THOSE THINGS) and colored in the leaves with red, orange and yellow. After some outlining with my Sharpie, I cut around it and, voila!

I had been eyeballing that Prima My Mommy & Me packaging from May's kit that had the felt tree branch and decided it was perfect for this LO. I loved the kraft and blue grid pattern, the birds, and the scalloped edges! Journaling right on the photo was perfect for this one with the light background.


TFL! and have a great Father's Day Weekend!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...that kit looks YUMMY!!! And that LO U made is WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW STUNNING!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that title...and loving the journaling on the photo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

That LO is gorgeous, Kim. ♥ how you outlined the title letters, too! :-)

Ashley said...

I LOVE this style!! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love art journaling as well! I have a couple posts devoted to journaling. I love Teesha Moore. Have you checked out her stuff?