11.30.2008

December Daily

I have finally completed all of the Thanksgiving festivities and will post more on that subject tomorrow.

I did want to share a little project that will begin taking shape tomorrow - the first day of December.

The first day of December not only marks the day of my birth, it also marks the first official day of the Christmas season. The birthday of the most important figure to ever be born - EVER! Christ. Thus the name Christmas! If you know me, you know one of my pet peeves is how some establishments and people have a hang-up with using the name Christmas for this season. I mean, come on, let's call it what it is: CHRISTMAS! Another peeve is when people use xmas. I know most don't mean anything by it, and use it only as an abbreviation of some kind, but it is just one of those fingernail on the chalkboard things for me.

Okay, I'll jump off my soapbox and get back to my project.

The uber talented Ali Edwards inspired me (along with a bazillion other scrapbookers) to do this project. I'm excited to begin tomorrow documenting a snapshot of each day leading up until Christmas. My hope is to have at least one photo of the day and a little remembrance of some kind for each day.

Here is a picture of my little book. It is comprised of kraft paper, transparencies (actually unused x-ray film - thanks Amy!), Anthropologie catalog, envelopes, Hambly, Christmas scrapbook paper, and will have other goodies before it's complete.

I'll try to keep the blog updated with photos of the book throughout the month.
Something new in my Etsy shop, a little different too.
Check out my little JOY notecard set.
I can also customize these to include your name, initial, another sentiment, etc.
If you are interested, let me know!
And thanks to Deltha for this great idea!
Finally, I want to introduce the newest member of our family: Nutmeg (Meg for short!)

She is my Aunt Joyce's new dachshund and how dang cute is she???? I love dogs, and she is precious. She is supposedly 7 months old. I'm thinking she is one lucky pup to have Joyce as her new Mommy. She has been there about 24 hours and is already spoiled! I love it!
More Thanksgiving #3 tomorrow along with a Birthday breakdown!

No comments: