2.02.2008

5/52 Elsie's 52 week challenge

The challenge this week: bet you can find a place for a flower accent in your design. But take it up a notch. Embellish the center of your flower with a mini clock, a tiny thread tied button or patterned paper. And don't be afraid to turn a large flower shape into a photo frame.

I had to use this pic of Alex at some point. This is like her favorite picture ever! I took it while we were taking our family Christmas pictures back, end of of Nov - first of Dec. Anyway, I think it is a very good one too. I used some vintage gold notary seals and these great little owls that keep showing up on some of my favorite lo's! I also finally cut into another piece of my treasured Hambly. It always hurts to make that first cut. I don't know why! Maybe cause I'm a fREAK! Anyway the stems are pieces of a book page. This is not at all what I had pictured in my mind to do at first, but I really like the way it turned out. These challenges have been great for the creative.mojo.juices.
Speaking of Hambly...They have put up a sneak peek of their new brocade line on their blog. It is completely awesome looking and I cannot wait to see what else they do. I love working with their papers/overlays and need to try the rub-ons.

No comments: