1.07.2008

Elsie's 52 Week Challenge

So I've taken alot of new "projects" on for the new year. I am a realist and know that I won't stick with all of them for 2008. In fact, I've not done so hot on my 365 challenge so far. I LOVE to take pictures, but it's hard for me to take them of myself on a day-to-day basis. I'm not giving up yet, but I'm just saying...
This 52 week challenge project along with my daily blessing cards which I am already doing anyway, and my bible in a year are three things I really think I can do. I have made my first week's layout and this cutie patootie cover based on Elise Blaha's instructions. I am loving the way it turned out. I used Elsie's paper and the self-adhesive fabric paper for the inside cover from the Roxie line. worked great!
Week 1 prompt which is being provided on the boards at SIStv by fellow Arkansan, Linda is straight from Elsie Flannigan's first book, 52 Scrapbooking Challenges.:

Work those words - Whether it's a quote, a list of your favorite adjectives or computer-generated phrases, journaling on strips of cardstock is a great way to add visual excitement to your page. Be creative and cut a favorite quote into pieces to add to your design.

I'm using regular standard sized notecards for my project. I thought it would be something different and I don't recall anyone else using them so I thought I would try something new.

Here is my week one:
This is a picture from Christmas of my Granny DeShazo and all her grand and great grand. We were taking serious pictures with her, but thought it would be fun to do a silly picture. I used transparency with a white Sharpie and pink acrylic painted on the backside. The picture looks discolored over Haley's face...please excuse that!
These prompts come out on Tuesday (i think) so I look forward to this week's challenge.



No comments: